The Chesapeake Bayhawks were given no shot, by me or anyone else. They could'nt score enough to beat the mighty Cannons. But they could'nt? Well they did.
The Bayhawks defeated the Boston Cannons, 13-9 to go to the MLL Championship. The Bayhawks had an early lead and did not look back after leading the Cannons 5-2. It was 2-1 Cannons when they went on a four goal streak. Ben Hunt led the offensive charge for the Bayhawks, scoring a hat trick.
Onto the recap, after the 5-2 lead Chesapeake scored two ,ore goals to lead 7-2 before Matt Poskay, the MLL MVP, scored his first of two goals. The Bayhawks scored three more times to lead 10-3 at halftime, and things looked bleack for the Cannons. The one bright spot of the half with John Ortolani in the face-off circle was doing admirerable, seeing his opponet was Alex Smith.
Boston scored to make it 13-4 sandwhiched inbetween two Bayhawks goals. This is when I thought the game was over, but the Cannons said no. Boston scored four more goals between the third and fourth quarters to make it 12-9 and legitimitly in it, but that was as far as they would get when Brian Vetter scored the empty net goal to seal the game for the Bayhawks, 13-9.
* In the Cannons 8 semi-finals appearences, they have lost 7.
* The Bayhawks go to the final for the first time since 2005, when they won the Steinfield Cup.
* Paul Rabil was held to just one assist.
* Kevin Bucchannan scored the hat trick for Boston.
* The Bayhawks will play the winner of Long Island-Denver tomorrow at 1 pm on ESPN2.