Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NLL Season Preview- October

The NLL is still months away, but a lot has happened this offseason to shape the season already. Every month we will have an NLL preview, talking about different aspects that will matter this season.

NLL Preview- Scoring
A lot of prime offensive players switched teams this offseason. Including last season's MVP Casey Powell. The Boston Blazers offense has been well documented this offseason, acquiring Powell and Josh Sanderson from the Calgary Roughnecks.
But those were not the only players to switch teams. Geoff Snider was traded to Calgary, and Jeff Zwycki left the Washington Stealth. And with Colin Doyle being traded last offseason, this looks to be the norm in the NLL.

Who will lead?In the east, I think Boston. I've talked about them a lot so far already, so how about the west. If Calgary didn;t trace everybody, I would have said them, but I am going to go with Washington for now, the defending champs. Paul Rabil leads that team obviously, so I believe as of right now Washington will lead the West in scoring.

Who is in the cellar?Philadelphia. They lost Snider, which really hurts their offense. I don't see them even making the playoffs as of right now. In the west, I'm going with Colorado, though I do see them making the playoffs with Vinc. I think Minnesota will score more, but I do not believe they are good enough to make the playoffs this season.

Lead the league?I think Josh Sanderson will lead the league again. With playmaker Casey Powell playing with him, I can see a repeat for Sanderson.

Top 5?My top 5 point getters this season, in no order, would be Sanderson, Powell, Lewis Ratcliff, Colin Doyle, and Callum Crawford. Honorable mention: Paul Rabil

No comments:

Post a Comment