Last night five NLL games took place. The Orlando Titans beat the Boston Blazers, 13-10, the Toronto Rock beat the Philadelphia Wings, 13-6, the Calgary Roughnecks beat the Rochester Knighthawks, 11-9, The Edmonton Rush beat the Minnesota Swarm, 14-13, and the Colorado Mammoth beat the Buffalo Bandits, 12-11. Two games went to overtime, with the Rush and Mammoth prevailing. Here are the notes from a fun night in the NLL.
Current Standings after this weekend:
Orlando 8-4 (4 games remaining)
Toronto 8-6 (2) 1 game back
Boston 6-7 (3) 2.5
Buffalo 6-7 (3) 2.5
Rochester 5-7 (4) 3
Philadelphia 4-9 (3) 4.5
Toronto swept their weekend, which got them out of their six game funk. They beat Calgary and Philadelphia to move ahead of Boston and one game behind the Titans. Orlando won to extend their lead over Boston. Buffalo lost in OT to the lowly Mammoth, missing an opportunity to move up in the standings. With Rochester's loss, they themselves missed an opportunity with both Boston and Buffalo losing.
Washington* 9-4 (3 games remaining)
Edmonton* 9-4 (3)
Calgary 7-6 (3) 2
Minnesota 5-7 (4) 3.5
Colorado (4) 5.5
Colorado won on a night that Minnesota lost, and now move two games behind them. Minnesota and Colorado both have four games remaining, that's a game in hand over Edmonton and Washington. The Swarm losing does not help them, as they would have had a chance to clinch. Calgary split their weekend, winning last night in Rochester. Edmonton tied Washington for first place in the West.
Notes: *Dan Dawson (5) scored half of the Blazers goals himself.
* The Rush tie the Stealth for first place.
* Alex Gajic continued his tear with four goals for the Mammoth.
* Colorado won for the first time in seven games.
* The Blazers scored only one goal in the fourth quarter.
* Philadelphia did not score in the first quarter.
* The Knighthawks have lost four staright home games.
* The next action in the NLL is Friday when the Knighthawks go to Minnesota, and the Mammoth take on the Rush.