In an affair not televised on NLL Network, the Edmonton Rush were defeated by the Rochester Knighthawks, 15-11. There will be a series of scrimmages in the Iroquois Lacrosse Arena. The scoring started for Edmonton three minutes in with Brodie Merrill beating new K-Hawks goaltender Matt Vinc. Gavin Prout, Andy Secore, and Alex Kehoe Hill scored goals to extend the Rush first quarter lead by four goals.
The Knighthawks rushed right back into the game, with three unanswered goals by Shawn Evans, Joel McCready and Marty Hill. At the 4:05 mark of the second quarter, Pat O'Tooke entered the game for Rochester.
Edmonton greeted the new goaltender with two straight short handed goals from Scott Tining and Merill to make the score 7-3. Evans trimmed the lead with a delayed penalty, but Edmonton did not sit still.
Edmonton was able to score four straight goals by Dane Stevens, Prout, Hill, and Dean Hill. Bobby McBride got a late goal for Rochester, but it wasn't enough as Edmonton went to halftime with twelve goals.
Aaron Bold entered the game for Rochester after the half, and they also changed their lineup. Craig Point entered the game and scored. But Stevens and Hill were able to extend the Rush lead.
Point scored again for Rochester, but it was all for naught. Edmonton continued their scoring attack on the Knighthawks goaltenders, and came home with a win.
- Matt Vinc appeared in a K'Hawks uniform for the first time.
- Alex Kehoe Hill had a hat trick for the Rush.
- Rochester did not dress Jordon Hall, Cody Jaimeson, Shawn Williams, or Chris Schiller.
- Marty Hill registered four points for Rochester.
- Brodie Merrill scored two goals for Edmonton.
- Brandon Atherton served as the Edmonton backup goaltender for Edmonton.