Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Training Camp Update

The Boston Blazers, who started up training camp over the weekend, have signed goaltender Anthony Cosmo to a two year deal. Cosmo, a three-time NLL All-Star and the 2007 NLL Goaltender of the Year, has been one of the best goaltenders in the NLL since breaking in with Toronto. "With the signings of Dan Dawson, Josh Sanderson, Casey Powell, and now Cosmo we have a core of veterans who know what it takes to win in the NLL," said Doug Reffue, Blazers President and General Manager. "Having this nucleus of players all signed for two years places us in a great position. Now it's up to them to learn how to play as a unit and teach our younger players what it takes to compete for a Champions Cup."
Two veteran defenesmen also retired from the NLL yesterday. Regy Thorpe of the Rochester Knighthawks "I understand that the team is getting bigger, faster and stronger," said Thorpe. "I think it's the best for the organization and my family that I officially retire. Who knows what the future will hold." Thorpe is known as one of the best athletes in Rochester sports history.
Meanwhile Bruce Alexander who retired with the Rush had this to say. "Lacrosse has given me the opportunity to make many lifelong friends, ultimately I have played as long as I have because of the guys, the coaches, and the first class organizations I was able to play for," said Alexander. "I will keep lots of great memories close to my heart and look forward to seeing the game continue to grow and the quality of play improve." Alexander played for seven different teams in his eleven year career. The teams he played for were Syracuse, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Portland, Vancouver and Edmonton.

No comments:

Post a Comment